Lap Band Surgery in Chicago
- No change in your anatomy or stomach stapling
- Has been approved by the FDA to use in the United States since 2001
- Adjustable – Regular follow-ups necessary for optimal results
- 42% average excess weight loss 1 year after surgery
- Typically a 1 day hospital stay
- Reversible Procedure
Obesity and the Risks Associated
In the United States, obesity affects over a third of the adult population. Having to carry extra weight creates a burden on the body and over time, impairs all bodily processes. Obesity creates health conditions that cause severe diseases, extreme discomfort and even death. Most common health risks involved with obesity include:
- Heart Conditions
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Respiratory Conditions
- Degenerative joint disease
- Sleep Apnea and much more!
Benefits of Lap Band Surgery
The minimally invasive approach creates the most benefits for this type of surgery. The Lap Band procedure results in remarkable weight reduction within the first couple of weeks following the surgery. When this is combined with a well-balanced diet plan and a good workout program, weight-loss is sustainable for a long period of time. This procedures is also adjustable in order to suite the patients needs which can be done in little time.
Lap Band Surgery Additional Videos
Robotic Lap Band Surgery is Available!
A revolutionary surgery which involves a robotic approach.
After the First Lap Band Adjustment
After the first Lap Band adjustment quick resource video.